There has been a lot going on at NHS over the past several weeks and I’m happy to share some highlights with you, as well as put a few things on your radar for December.
- Our student action group attended the Niverville Heritage Centre Gala on November 5. They enjoyed an evening out together and got to hear Jennifer Jones, Canadian and World Champion Curler and Olympic Gold Medalist speak.
- NHS student representatives attended Sustainable Future’s Climate Conference in Winnipeg on November 7.
- A representative group from NHS attended the first ever Manitoba Indigenous Symposium in Winnipeg on November 17 to reflect on the learning that occurred as a result of last year’s Indigenous Education pilot project.
- Our volleyball teams had a fun season and both the JV and Varsity girls’ teams made it to provincials. They played well, developed individual skills and grew as a team. Way to go girls!
- Our Showcase of Learning took place last night and a huge thank you to all the parents and students who were able to attend. It felt so good to have such positive energy in the school and we hope you enjoyed the event. We’d love to get a bit of feedback from you so if you could complete this quick 2-minute online survey it would be greatly appreciated. Showcase Survey Link Our next Showcase of Learning will take place on January 26, so save the date. And congratulations to the prize winners:
- Toque – Ethan H (gr 10)
- T-shirt – Rachelle H (parent)
- Drawstring bag – Carly F (gr 9)
Things to take note of:
- Winter Concert – Monday, December 12, 6:30 PM at the Niverville Heritage Centre. All of our musical groups will be performing and everyone is welcome to join us.
- Community Christmas – The Student Leadership Team is sponsoring Christmas Hampers for four local families this year. A Christmas tree has been set up in the hub and each grade has been assigned coloured ornaments with food items written on them. Students are encouraged to take an ornament from the Christmas tree, bring in the item they’ve chosen, and place it in the collection box by December 14. The Student Leadership Team thanks you in advance for your contributions!
- We wish Melissa Wiebe all the best as she begins her maternity leave at the end of December and we welcome Floriane Musni, who will be taking over Melissa’s classes starting in January.
- Last day of classes before Christmas break – Wednesday, December 21
Wishing you and your family an enjoyable holiday season!