There has been a lot going on at NHS over the past several weeks and I’m happy to share some highlights with you, as well as put a few things on your radar for December.
- Our Showcase of Learning took place on November 2 and we extend a huge thank you to all the parents and students who were able to attend. It felt so good to have such positive energy in the school and we hope you enjoyed the event. Our next Showcase of Learning will take place in semester 2 on April 11, 2024.
- A few representatives from our Student Leadership Team attended the Niverville Heritage Centre Gala on November 4. They enjoyed an evening out together and got to hear Jon Montgomery, Olympic Gold Medalist and host of The Amazing Race Canada, speak.
- Our volleyball players had a fun season and all four teams had a successful season that allowed them to compete in provincials. No one was able to bring home a banner but they played well, developed individual skills and grew as a team. Way to go everyone!
- Our Esports Rocket League team won provincials this past Friday and brought home the Division A banner. Congratulations to those players!
Things to take note of:
- Report Cards were issued on November 17th and our records show that 83% have been viewed. If you are having any issues with the parent portal please contact Karin Koop in the office and she will assist you. If you would like to discuss your student’s progress in any of their classes, please contact the teacher via email to set up an appointment or phone call.
- Winter Concert – Monday, December 11, 7:00 PM in the NHS gym. All of our musical groups will be performing and everyone is welcome to join us.
- Community Christmas – The Student Leadership Team is sponsoring Christmas Hampers for four local families this year. A Christmas tree has been set up in the hub and each grade has been assigned coloured ornaments with food items written on them. Students are encouraged to take an ornament from the Christmas tree, bring in the item they’ve chosen, and place it in the collection box by December 14. The Student Leadership Team thanks you in advance for your contributions!
- We wish Julie-Anne Krcadinac all the best as she begins her maternity leave and welcome Kayla Palfi who will take over her classes starting in January.
- Last day of classes before Christmas break is Friday, December 22.
- The Nov/Dec Health Clinic’s “Let’s Chat” Newsletter is attached.
Wishing you and your family an enjoyable holiday season! May December end on a cheerful note and make way for a fresh and bright New Year. We look forward to welcoming back our students and staff on Monday, January 8th, 2024.